Nurse assistant performance evaluation
1. Identify KRAs of Nurse assistant
“Key Result Areas” or KRAs refer to general areas of outputs or outcomes for which the department’s role is responsible. You also need to understand some definitions: Key performance areas, Key performance indicators.
2. Identify job objectives
Do you set up objectives for Nurse assistant?
• 1 month.
• 3 months.
• 6 months.
• 12 months.
3. Identify job description of Nurse assistant
You can use some tasks of Nurse assistant as follows:
• Serves and collects food trays and feeds patients requiring help.
• Turns and repositions bedfast patients, alone or with assistance, to prevent bedsores.
• Cleans, sterilizes, stores, prepares, and issues dressing packs, treatment trays, and other supplies.
• Answers signal lights, bells, or intercom system to determine patients’ needs.
• Bathes, dresses, and undresses patients.
4. Job standards/procedures
It is very difficult to appraise Nurse assistant if you have not job standards, job procedures for this positions.
Try it now:
• How to do each task?
• How to measure performance of each task?
• How to control/monitor each step of a process?
5. Nurse assistant evaluation forms
You can you types of performance evaluation as follows:
• Peer form.
• Self appraisal form.
• Customer/Other department appraisal form.
• Superior appraisal form.
• Subordinate appraisal form.
6. Related docs to Nurse assistant evaluation
• All Nurse job descriptions
• Nurse interview questions
• Performance evaluation handbook
• Performance evaluation examples
• Performance evaluation methods
• Performance evaluation process
• 360 degree performance evaluation