Night auditor job description
This post includes contents of job profile/title such as: job purpose/role, job functions, key duties/responsibilities/tasks list and other documents related to Night auditor position.
You also ref top job materials for Night auditor as below (at the end of this post):
Key duties/responsibilities of Night auditor
You can ref some job descriptions for Night auditor as follow:
Job description sample 1
1. To follow all specified procedures to audit the shift closing of all front office staff, including personally closing shift three and completing an audit summary for each shift.
2. To produce accurate and timely reports and correctly handle all cash transactions
3. To provide relief support to the hotel PBX operator during shift.
4. To follow all specified procedures to maintain and post a daily balance of all house accounts, including running preliminary reconciliations, detail transactions and final reports to accounting and profit centers.
5. To follow all specified procedures to reconcile cashier’s reports with the restaurant system each night, researching and posting any unresolved tickets from the day shifts.
6. Balance and audit for accuracy room revenue, food and beverage revenue, cashier’s reports, and guest and house accounts and telephone revenue; assisting the preparation of all reports relevant to daily revenues.
7. Balance and audit for accuracy
8. Transmit credit card batches.
9. Complete and transmit daily management and accounting reports and supporting documents.
10. Act as hotel system liaison during night hours.
11. Perform all Guest Service Representative functions as required; may assist in booking room reservations; may assist in answering hotel phone calls and notifying guests of message.
12. May assist with other duties as assigned.
Job description sample 2
1. To provide exceptional guest service and utilize service brand behavior when completing the requirements of this position.
2. Ensuring accurate and timely recording and reporting of all property receipts
3. Following cash handling procedures as outlined by the accounting department
4. Collecting payment at check out and provides change for guests as needed
5. Performing all end of day front desk and night audit functions, including reviewing cashier audits for accuracy, balancing credit card postings to computer system, maintaining computer database integrity daily, and auditing of master bills
6. Preparing all computer systems for the following day
7. Ensuring accurate and timely backup of files / tapes are maintained on a daily basis
8. Preparing, balances, posts, and distributes all necessary reports on a daily basis
9. Interacting with all in a professional manner, assisting other departments with necessary information
10. Working with all Front of House colleagues in achieving continuous, seamless service
11. 2. Creates 100%25%20guest satisfaction by providing the Radisson Blu experience through performance that demonstrates the standards of, genuine hospitality and exceeding guest expectations
12. Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service
13. Listens, apologizes with empathy, finds a solution and follows through when resolving guest problems
14. Provides Yes I Can! genuine hospitality and teamwork on an ongoing basis
15. Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and uses their best judgment as to when it is appropriate to use the 100%25%20Guest Satisfaction
16. Performs other duties required to provide the service brand behavior and genuine hospitality
Job description sample 3
1. Provides exceptional service to all guests and potential guests by assisting them in a friendly, efficient, courteous and professional manner.
2. Performs all Front Desk related functions including but not limited to checking guests in/out, promoting sales related programs, maintaining guest records, cash handling, etc.
3. Responsible for auditing the previous day’s receipts to verify and balance entries, runs reports and verifies accuracy of information.
4. May also assist with set up of Breakfast.
5. May include food preparation, set up, service and/or cleaning.
6. Responsible for guest safety and security during overnight hours.
Tips to write Night auditor job description
• Base on the above job description, you can set up: Night auditor daily tasks for job levels (such as entry level, junior, senior…), monthly tasks, weekly activities, Night auditor KPIs, Night auditor KRAs, Night auditor job objectives/goals, job standards/requirements, job specifications/qualifications.
Night auditor qualifications needed, job specification
You can use the KSA model (this model to identify key/core competencies/competency profile for Night auditor ) to determine job criteria for Night auditor position. Night auditor’s job standard includes the following elements:
1. Education, knowledge requirements (includes diplomat, degree, certification, training courses…)
2. Experience: (in KSA model, we use skills, not use experience).
3. Skills list/required (includes technical skills, soft skills, hard skills, management skills).
4. Abilities, attributes, traits, qualities:
5. Other characteristics: A general category for other personal như Factor personality, willingness, interest, motivation and licenses …
Below is list of Night auditor qualifications:
1. Required to wear a uniform
2. Works the overnight shift and schedule will include some weekends.
3. Requires ability to take written and verbal direction in English and speak English clearly.
4. In many cases may be the only team member working at the facility during his/her shift.
5. Requires ability to take written and verbal direction.
6. Requires ability to relate to the public in a warm, friendly manner in providing a hospitable environment.
7. Requires ability to give attention to detail and to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently.
8. Requires thorough knowledge of Drury Hotels Company, LLC policies and procedures, for guest services and night audit.
9. Requires ability to handle money, make change and utilize office machines.
Night auditor career advice
Below are top useful guides for Night auditor career:
• Top 12 tips for career development
• Top 9 career path tips
• Top 14 career objectives
• Top 12 career promotion tips
Night auditor job search tips
Below are top materials for Night auditor job application:
• Top 15 ways to search jobs
• Top 7 cover letter samples
• Top 8 resume samples
• 74 interview questions and answers
• Job interview checklist 40 points
• 13 types of interview questions and how to solve them
• Top 8 interview thank you letter samples
Night auditor performance appraisal
• Accounting management KPIs (this post includes metrics to measure Night auditor performance)
• 11 performance appraisal methods (includes appraisal templates and forms)
• Top 28 performance appraisal forms
• Account management KRAs/scorecard
Night auditor wages, salary
Below are useful materials for Night auditor wages, salary:
• Top 12 salary negotiation tips
• Top 9 tips to get high salary
The above job descriptions can be used for fields: hotel, front desk…
If you need more free Night auditor job description forms/templates/formats in details, please leave comments at the end of this post. You also can save as this free file as pdf/doc or download free career, KPI ebooks at sidebar. Update: 2014.