Night auditor job description
Job purpose of Night auditor is responsible for performing close of day scenarios for the hotel Front Office and account for daily activity by organizing and verifying information; identifying and correcting discrepancies; posting accounts; running and distributing daily reports.
Key duties/responsibilities of Night auditor:
1. To follow all specified procedures to audit the shift closing of all front office staff, including personally closing shift three and completing an audit summary for each shift.
2. To produce accurate and timely reports and correctly handle all cash transactions
3. To provide relief support to the hotel PBX operator during shift.
4. To follow all specified procedures to maintain and post a daily balance of all house accounts, including running preliminary reconciliations, detail transactions and final reports to accounting and profit centers.
5. To follow all specified procedures to reconcile cashier’s reports with the restaurant system each night, researching and posting any unresolved tickets from the day shifts.
6. Balance and audit for accuracy room revenue, food and beverage revenue, cashier’s reports, and guest and house accounts and telephone revenue; assisting the preparation of all reports relevant to daily revenues.
7. Balance and audit for accuracy
8. Transmit credit card batches.
9. Complete and transmit daily management and accounting reports and supporting documents.
10. Act as hotel system liaison during night hours.
11. Perform all Guest Service Representative functions as required; may assist in booking room reservations; may assist in answering hotel phone calls and notifying guests of message.
12. May assist with other duties as assigned.