1.Definition of Minnesota Satisfaction Questionnaire (MSQ)
The Minnesota Satisfaction Questionnaire (MSQ) is designed to measure an employee’s satisfaction with their particular job.
Method includes 100 items measuring 20 facets of job satisfaction
2. History of MSQ
Three rersion are available: two long forms (1977 version and 1967 version) and a short form.
a. Long form MSQ. Measures job satisfaction on 20 facets:
* Ability Utilization
* Company Policies
* Social Service
* Social Status
* Moral Values
* Supervision-Human Relations
* Working Conditions
Long form MSQ uses the following five response choices: Very Satisfied, Satisfied, “N” (Neither Satisfied nor Dissatisfied), Dissatisfied, Very Dissatisfied.
b. Short form MSQ. This form consists of 20 items from the long-form MSQ that best represent each of the 20 scales.
Advantages and disadvantages of MSQ
a. Advantage of this method
* Reliable, valid measure of job satisfaction,
* Easy to use, easy to understand
* Applicable to any organization
* Applicable for managers, supervisors, and employees
b. Disadvantage of this method:
· Very long and
· There really 20 different facets and/or is it meaningful to have info on each of them.
Author: David Ngo, hrvinet.com
Everyone can use this form and other ones related in hrvinet.com for free (non-trade purpose only)!