Medical technologist performance evaluation
1. Identify KRAs of Medical technologist
“Key Result Areas” or KRAs refer to general areas of outputs or outcomes for which the department’s role is responsible. You also need to understand some definitions: Key performance areas, Key performance indicators.
2. Identify job objectives
Do you set up objectives for Medical technologist?
• 1 month.
• 3 months.
• 6 months.
• 12 months.
3. Identify job description of Medical technologist
You can use some tasks of Medical technologist as follows:
• Confirm abnormal results, verify and execute quality control procedures, and solve problems concerning the generation of laboratory data.
• Make decisions concerning the results of quality control and quality assurance measures and institute proper procedures to maintain accuracy and precision.
• Establish and perform preventive and corrective maintenance of equipment and instruments as well as identify appropriate sources for repairs.
• Develop, evaluate, and select new techniques, instruments, and methods in terms of their usefulness and practicality within the context of a given laboratory’s personnel, equipment, space, and budgetary resources.
• Develop and establish procedures for collecting, processing, and analyzing biological specimens and other substances.
4. Job standards/procedures
It is very difficult to appraise Medical technologist if you have not job standards, job procedures for this positions.
Try it now:
• How to do each task?
• How to measure performance of each task?
• How to control/monitor each step of a process?
5. Medical technologist evaluation forms
You can you types of performance evaluation as follows:
• Peer form.
• Self appraisal form.
• Customer/Other department appraisal form.
• Superior appraisal form.
• Subordinate appraisal form.
6. Related docs to Medical technologist evaluation
• Medical scientific job descriptions
• Medical scientific interview questions
• Performance evaluation handbook
• Performance evaluation examples
• Performance evaluation methods
• Performance evaluation process
• 360 degree performance evaluation