Marketing manager interview questions
1. What value will you bring to our company?
2. Give us an example of a marketing brief you developed for a recent marketing project or program?
3. Tell us about a marketing project in which you had to coordinate and manage a diverse team of people to achieve deliverables?
4. Tell me about a marketing project that you brought in on time and under budget?
5. Describe a situation in which an innovative course of action was necessary?
6. What factors do you consider the most important when attempting to influence consumer behavior?
7. What are the biggest challenges a Marketing Manager faces today?
8. Give an example of how you have effectively managed a tight budget to accomplish a marketing activity?
9. Give an example of how you have effectively used online marketing tools?
10. Can you give me an example of a campaign that did not work out as you had planned?
11. Give an example of one of your strength/weaknesses and what you learn from your experience?
12. From learning a little about our company, what would you immediately recommend to change and why?
13. If you were actually a brand of car what car would you be and why?
14. What has been a particularly demanding goal for you to achieve?
15. Can you think of a situation in which an innovative course of action was needed? What did you do in this situation?
16. In your present position, what standards have you set for doing a good job? How did you determine them?
17. Please think about your most significant accomplishment. Now, could you tell me all about it?
18. Some of the biggest mistakes you made?
19. How you changed and grew as a person?
20. What you would do differently if you could do it again?
21. How you prepared the budget and plan and how you did against it?
22. How you motivated and influenced others, with specific examples to prove your claims?
23. How you dealt with conflict with specific examples?
24. Anything else you felt was important to the success of the project?
25. What recognition you received (everybody gets recognition for a job well done)?
26. What does a person taking this job need to do over the next three to six months in order to be considered successful?
27. What are the two or three things a successful person would need to do to make sure they achieved the major objective?
28. Is there anything else that needs to be changed, fixed, or improved over the next few months?
29. What are the biggest challenges in the job?
Related documents to marketing interviews
Source: Tommy Doan, hrvinet.com