Manufacturing manager job description
I/ Job information of Manufacturing manager
1. Job tile:
2. Job Code:
4. Report to:
5. Job purpose:
II/ Key job tasks of Manufacturing manager
1. Overseeing the production process, drawing up a production schedule.
2. Ensure planned KPI’s of efficiency and performance are met or exceeded.
3. Ensuring that the production is cost effective.
4. Track competencies of subordinates and provide leadership and development as required to achieve the objectives.
5. Ensure implementation and evolution of safety procedure.
6. Develop and execute the yearly manufacturing plan (AOP) to deliver the business objectives (production volume, manufacturing controlled cost, quality, safety … ).
7. Establish and maintain a standard of performance for the operation.
8. Insure the alignment of the manufacturing organization with the company vision, purpose and priorities.
9. Develop and track improvement in reduction of planned dh hours.
10. Coordinate, set up and implement standard operating procedure for all production operations.
11. Making sure that products are produced on time and are of good quality.
12. Manage the adherence to prescribed procedures to ensure first pass quality meets or exceeds planned goals.
13. Conduct Performance appraisal for direct reports & ensure it is done for the rest of the production areas.
14. Ensure continual improvement with overall quality of product.
15. Ensure compliance with Health and Safety policies, systems and processes.
16. Working out the human and material resources needed.
17. Ensure prescribed line pm’s are completed timely.
18. Ensure complete compliance to prescribed QMS, GMP’s and 5S processes.
19. Drafting a timescale for the job.
20. Estimating costs and setting the quality standards.
21. Manage the manufacturing operation consistent with the company operating guidelines.
22. Establish individual accountability using coaching and support and performance management process.
23. Assess manufacturing operations staffing and skill requirements. Develop plans to address needs.
24. Institutionalize manufacturing Best Practice Tools and Processes.
25. Establish manufacturing priorities and allocate the resources.
26. Ensure compliance with environmental policies, systems and processes.
27. Ensure effective management of performance in the department to meet business needs.
Source: Paul, hrvinet.com