Maintenance technician job description
I/ Job information of maintenance technician
1. Job tile:
2. Job Code:
4. Report to:
5. Job purpose:
II/ Key job tasks of maintenance technician
1. Perform a wide variety of general building maintenance repairs and services.
2. Install light bulbs, doors, cabinets, paneling, formica, carpet, and bulletin boards.
3. Schedule and complete the “Preventative Maintenance Program”.
4. Coordinate special projects as directed by the Property Manager.
5. Assist in monitoring all work being performed by outside contractors.
6. Paint interior and exterior walls and cabinets; hang wallpaper and pictures; assemble furniture.
7. Set-up and install computer cables as needed; install and repair computer outlets; repair and relocate light fixtures.
8. Replace washers, faucets and seals on malfunctioning plumbing equipment; repair leaky faucets and clean clogged drains; install and repair sprinklers.
9. Responsible for 24-hour emergency maintenance service as scheduled.
10. Carry pager/cell phone as required for on-call maintenance.
11. Monitor and maintain all building systems as assigned.
12. Complete grounds work as directed by Property Manager which may include picking up trash, sweeping curb and dumpster areas and maintaining landscaping beds and other areas.
13. Maintain efficient function of the boiler and water softener; add chemicals or salt as needed.
14. Responsible for alerting the Property Manager of any unusual occurrence and/or damage that have taken place or that may occur.
15. Complete payroll time sheets and mileage reimbursement and submit to supervisor as determined.
16. Maintain a professional courteous manner with all residents, vendors, contractors, and fellow employees.
17. Assure safety standards are used which comply with all company, local, City, State and Federal guidelines.
18. Ensure compliance of all work related activities in a fair, ethical, and consistent manner.
19. Follow established company policies and those outlined in the Employee Guidebook.
20. This job requires exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly.
21. Special projects and other responsibilities as may be determined.
22. Responsible for the completion of all maintenance service requests as assigned.
23. Complete make-ready process of vacant apartments as directed by the Property Manager.
24. Work within expense limits established.
25. Maintain inventory controls for cost effective operations.
26. Maintain monthly inspection and maintenance of building and HVAC roof motors and fans and replace as needed; clean, grease and paint all equipment used in heating and ventilation.
27. Perform welding as needed.
This job description also can use for maintenance assistant job description, maintenance engineer job description, maintenance worker job description, job description maintenance planner, maintenance clerk job description, maintenance officer job description.
Related maintenance documents:
• Maintenance technician job specification
• Maintenance interview questions
• Maintenance KPIs
• All Production job description (all production, maintenance, technical job descriptions)
• Other sources: Maintenance manager job description