Maintenance manager job description
I/ Job information of maintenance manager
1. Job tile:
2. Job Code:
4. Report to:
5. Job purpose:
II/ Key job tasks of maintenance manager
1. Communicates directly with the operations department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas.
2. Communicates directly with QA laboratory to ensure effective participation by the maintenance technicians in the implementation of QA policies and procedures.
3. Implements programs and procedures required to ensure plant cleanliness.
4. Assists with planning and implementing plant improvements and expansions.
5. Conducts employee performance reviews based on job descriptions to determine competency, knowledge, and contribution of the maintenance technicians.
6. Maintains and updates operating and training manuals for the maintenance department.
7. Ensures that all maintenance technicians are trained on the most updated version of the operating procedures.
8. Monitors operation of plant equipment and systems.
9. Reviews the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
10. Maintains and repairs maintenance shop equipment.
11. Establishes and maintains a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment.
12. Prepares reports, analyzes data, and makes recommendations for improving plant operations and solving maintenance-related problems.
13. Supervises plant maintenance personnel.
14. Ensures that maintenance technicians are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
15. Communicates regularly with all maintenance technicians, both individually and as a group, to ensure good two-way communication concerning maintenance issues.
16. Assists with hiring of maintenance personnel.
17. Initiates and carries out projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
18. Tracks, analyzes and improves key maintenance parameters such as asset utilization, maintenance cost, PM compliance, schedule compliance, etc.
19. Maintains safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures.
20. Ensures city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to the maintenance department are met at all times.
21. Directs, maintains, and enforces the safety program for the maintenance department; reviews safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance technicians.
22. Coordinates activities with Plant Operations Departments.
23. Participate in objective setting, plan development and performance review of plant performance.
24. Initiates, implements, and manages the plant maintenance program based on best practices in the ethanol industry, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
25. Monitors the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment and initiates reordering when necessary.
This job description also can use for maintenance director job description, maintenance specialist job description.
Related maintenance documents
• Maintenance manager job specification
• Maintenance interview questions
• Maintenance KPIs
• All Production job description (all production, maintenance, technical job descriptions)
• Other sources: Maintenance manager job description