Logistics supervisor job description
This post include is contents of job profile/tile such as: job purpose, key duties/responsibilities/tasks and related documents of Logistics supervisor.
Job purpose of Logistics supervisor is to works towards developing a thorough understanding of clients shipping requirements and patterns. Reviews and processes day to day operations, evaluates and recommends equipment needs. Plans and schedules appropriate service line for situation (ground, expedited, air, ocean, etc) to maintain a cost effective balance between customer service and cost of shipments. Ensures compliance with all government related programs specific to mode and direction of related shipments.
I. Sample functions of Logistics supervisor
You can ref some functions as follows:
1. Insures proper documentation, including transit documents and customs clearances, exists for shipments. Ensure documentation is accurately processed, distributed and released to carrier, forwarders, customers and agents in a timely manner.
2. Prepare all necessary data entry and confirmation of key milestones (departure, arrival, customs clearance, PODs, etc.) as specified by Customer Standard Operating Procedures.
3. Maintain courteous, prompt and efficient customer relations.
4. Oversee and complete accurate billing to clients based on pricing established with the clients while ensuring accurate costs and profits are maintained.
5. Plans and schedules appropriate modes of transportation based on daily needs. Schedules the appropriate service line for the situation (across all modes and all trade lanes) to maintain a cost effective balance between customer service and cost of shipment.
6. Works closely with client’s representative to ensure service satisfaction. Analyzes service failures/ issues and implements performance processes to enhance future service delivery.
7. Ensures any company policy, systems, and industry related training is delivered to all direct reports as needed.
8. Leads core team responsible for meeting the following needs of clients assigned to the group.
9. Develops standardized process for clients assigned to group including SOP, KPIs, Report requirements, systems needs, and compliance requirements. Liaisons with other support groups to ensure processes are established. Provides training and handoff to team to ensure they are properly servicing customers based on established requirements.
10. Responsible for resolving all internal and external client customer service issues in a cost effective and expeditious manner. Works closely with client’s representatives to ensure service satisfaction. Analyzes service failures/issues and implements performance improvement processes to enhance future service delivery.
Base on the above job description, you can set up: KPIs, KRAs, job objectives/goals, job standards/requirements, job specifications/qualifications.
If you need more free Logistics supervisor job description forms/templates/formats in details, please leave comments at the end of this post. You also can re-write this form in pdf/word file.
II. Related docs to Logistics supervisor job description:
• 10 logistics job descriptions samples.
• Logistics KPIs (used to measure work performance for all logistics positions).
• All samples of Logistics resumes
You also can save as this free file as pdf/doc or download free career, KPI ebooks at sidebar. Update: 2011.