Logistics manager job description
This post include is contents of job profile/tile such as: job purpose, key duties/responsibilities/tasks and related documents of Logistics manager.
I. Sample functions of Logistics manager
You can ref some functions as follows:
1. Serve as liaison to Customer teams to develop systems solutions (requirements, user testing, etc.) to support logistics programs, including Direct Fulfillment. Partners with key cross-functional partners to solicit customer and associate feedback to identify program improvement opportunities for implementation.
2. Ascertain industry/logistics best practices to identify new and/or unique programs to differentiate Customer from the marketplace and drive customer satisfaction.
3. Responsible for internal communications and presentations related to key performance metrics, program updates and on-going program information.
4. Manages the supply of logistics-related data to support customers in the day-to-day general areas of engineering, supply, configuration management, technical requirements identification, installation and maintenance of equipment, safety and documentation development and maintenance. Investigates potential risk and other matters of significance, and provides and implements solutions.
5. Consults with assigned clients to understand their distribution networks and determines the logistics resources required to support equipment, safety, personnel and maintenance. Negotiates with supply sources to meet technical requirements.
6. Works in conjunction with various parties such as business development, field support and customer service to handle complaints and ensure support plans are in place to maintain long-term customer relationships.
7. Analyzes and evaluates design concepts and integration support requirements to determine if concepts satisfy support requirements. Implements, monitors and adjusts solutions to ensure the integration of support considerations as needed.
8. Analyzes technology and distribution network trends and implements changes in department as appropriate.
9. Selects and hires employees. Trains and evaluates employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions. Motivates and rewards employees including providing salary increases, bonuses and promotions within allocated budgets and company guidelines.
10. Prepares and recommends operating and personnel budgets for approval. Monitors spending for adherence to budget, recommends variances as necessary.
11. Responsible for the strategic and operational planning of Customer logistics operations.
12. Ensure that partners understand and accept Customer guidelines and requirements for all logistics operations, including service and repair.
13. Manage on-going partner relationships
14. Root cause analysis and problem resolution for all logistics operations
15. Serve as liaison with all internal and external partners for daily operational activities
16. Track, analyze and communicate key performance metrics
17. Responsible for all logistics operations and support across all distribution channels.
18. Drives the design, development, implementation and management of logistics solutions for Customer.
Base on the above job description, you can set up: KPIs, KRAs, job objectives/goals, job standards/requirements, job specifications/qualifications.
If you need more free Logistics manager job description forms/templates/formats in details, please leave comments at the end of this post. You also can re-write this form in pdf/word file.
II. Related docs to Logistics manager job description:
• 10 logistics job descriptions samples.
• Logistics KPIs (used to measure work performance for all logistics positions).
• All samples of Logistics resumes
You also can save as this free file as pdf/doc or download free career, KPI ebooks at sidebar. Update: 2011.