Logistics coordinator job description
This post include is contents of job profile/tile such as: job purpose, key duties/responsibilities/tasks and related documents of Logistics coordinator.
Job purpose of Logistics coordinator is responsible for supervising the forklift drivers, coordinating the shipping and receiving of finished goods and raw material to and from the plant and the delivery of raw material and pickup of finished goods.
I. Sample functions of Logistics coordinator
You can ref some functions as follows:
1. Utilize various transportation provider software systems, to facilitate material movement planning and scheduling.
2. Prepare and update monthly logistics, schedule to assure deliveries to production locations. Coordinate product delivery schedules with customers.
3. Coordinate daily activity to track location and movement of inventory finished goods and raw materials via rail cars, barges, and trucks. Provide reports to internal and external customers as required.
4. Assist in obtaining necessary transportation permits for inbound coal and outbound coke shipments, as required to facilitate timely movements via rail and barge.
5. Works closely with providers to assure efficient and effective execution of defined processes and goods transportation;
6. Ensures inventory accuracy by coordinating the inventories and goods system to system information with distribution centers to near real time monitoring of EDI processes as well as other manual inventory and adjustment processes;
7. Organizes and maintains hard copy and electronic documentation supporting order fulfillment, distribution means, pricing, and contractual obligations,
8. Codes, and prepares proper paperwork for billing and authorization of a variety of invoices per defined processes,
9. Initiates overcharge/undercharge freight bill claims with carriers and tracks reconciliation of the same per regulatory standards,
10. Re-routes freight as needed to meet demands and minimize costs
11. Initiates shrink threshold and loss claims with warehouse providers and tracking reconciliation of the same per contract standards,
12. Ensures accuracy of physical inventory order sequence by entering inter-company purchase orders and inter-company transfers into the system following defined processes,
13. Verifies accuracy of physical inventory when needed,
14. Answers questions regarding sourcing from internal and external customers as needed,
15. Assist in the administration of supply agreements for rail, barge, and truck carriers.
16. Overview performance of third party material handling services.
17. Coordinate with operating department to manage inventory levels at multiple plant locations
18. Support the development, implementation, and execution of the Structured Management Process for Supply Chain critical process.
19. Provide project development support to multiple departments within the organization.
20. Ensure compliance with all state, federal, environmental, safety, and hazardous waste regulations.
21. Assist in the preparation of PowerPoint presentations
22. Special project support as required.
23. Verifies inventory locations and availability for shipment against requirements specified in purchase orders;
24. Reviews inventory position daily and weekly against outstanding orders and sales forecasts and takes action to expedite inbound shipments to meet customer demands;
25. Works with supervisor to effectively resolve inventory or order discrepancies that are outside of his or her control;
26. Ensures that goods are shipped in the most timely and efficient manner according to documented processes, including planning the transportation route and payload, selecting the mode of transportation, tendering the order for transportation, and tracking the shipment from pick up through delivery all the while targeting cost reduction, freight savings, service and contractual requirements;
27. Assembles load fragments into consolidated loads thus balancing freight savings, service and contractual / legal requirements;
28. Communicates fulfillment status and / or issues within the Organization to points including Demand / Supply Planning, Logistics Management, Sales, and Customer Service;
Base on the above job description, you can set up: KPIs, KRAs, job objectives/goals, job standards/requirements, job specifications/qualifications.
If you need more free Logistics coordinator job description forms/templates/formats in details, please leave comments at the end of this post. You also can re-write this form in pdf/word file.
II. Related docs to Logistics coordinator job description:
• 10 logistics job descriptions samples.
• Logistics KPIs (used to measure work performance for all logistics positions).
• All samples of Logistics resumes
You also can save as this free file as pdf/doc or download free career, KPI ebooks at sidebar. Update: 2011.