Lead carpenter job description
This post include is contents of job profile/tile such as: job purpose, key duties/responsibilities/tasks and related documents of Lead carpenter.
Job purpose of Lead carpenter
Job purpose/job functions of this position to be a craftsman with extensive skill and experience level, able to manage job sites with multiple employees and trade contractors.
Key duties/responsibilities of Lead carpenter:
1. Responsible for tracking the progress and profitability of the projects under his or her supervision and reporting to the Production Manager.
2. Insure the image of the company is supported by the appearance and activities of the installation teams and job sites.
3. Maintain an operational inventory of necessary tools, safety equipment, equipment and vehicles to perform specific activities assigned by the Production Manager.
4. Receive progress payments and final payment from the client upon completion of the project or as directed by the Production Manager.
5. Assist in the company’s marketing program as directed by management, which may include: canvassing, home shows, job site marketing, customer satisfaction, etc.
6. Attend seminars and shows to obtain new product knowledge and new installation procedures.
7. Insure company and customer satisfaction through professional appearance, expert workmanship and polite communication.
8. Create an anticipated project schedule (critical path) in advance of project commencement, adjust schedule as needed based on production realities.
9. On a daily basis, inform the Production Manager of the progress of the project, including any customer concerns, problems, delays, etc.
10. Supervise the activities of the company’s field carpenters and/or independent subcontractors, which include oral and written communication as needed.
11. Be responsible for the efficient and profitable use of the company’s time, manpower and materials on each project as included in project estimate sheets.