Laundry supervisor job description
Job purpose of Laundry supervisor is supervising laundry department.
Key duties/responsibilities of Laundry supervisor:
1. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
2. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards; identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings.
3. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
4. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
5. Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications.
6. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
7. Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely.
8. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
9. Complete inventory of uniforms and linens.
10. Conduct monthly inventory of laundry supplies.
11. Report faulty equipment, maintenance needs, and safety hazards to manager/supervisor.
12. Train employees on all laundry procedures, including safety procedures and equipment operation.
13. Verify that laundry requests are completed for each department as needed.
14. Operate and monitor washing, dry cleaning, and drying machinery.
15. Inspect linens and terry for damage.
16. Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees.