Laundry attendant job description
Job purpose of Laundry attendant is to coordinates the work efforts of the production and dry cleaning areas of the laundry department. Oversees productivity of other laundry associates, conducts weekly inventories; other duties as assigned by management.
Key duties/responsibilities of Laundry attendant:
1. Sorts dried articles according to type.
2. Folds and places item in appropriate storage area.
3. Sorts torn and stained articles.
4. Sorts and counts articles to verify quantities on laundry requisitions.
5. Soaks contaminated articles and processes in de-staining cycle.
6. Clean lint traps and sweeps laundry room.
7. Loads articles into washer and adds specified amount of detergent, soap or other cleaning agent by programming laundry machines.
8. Operates laundry machinery such as washers, driers and ironers.
9. Starts machine that automatically washes and rinses articles.
10. Lifts clean, wet articles from washer and places them successively into driers for measured time cycles.