Kitchen manager job description
Job purpose of Kitchen manager is to manage the overall operations in the kitchen. Responsible for organizing and directing the processes necessary to provide breakfast, lunch, and snacks that meet child/adult care food program standards. Supervises kitchen staff and volunteers engaged in activities related to food preparation, production, and food service.
Key duties/responsibilities of Kitchen manager:
1. Attend all employee meetings, come up with sound suggestions on employee problems and promote and maintain effective communication between all of the food production areas within the kitchen.
2. Maintain and supervise good housekeeping practices in all areas in the kitchen. Turn in the daily cleaning checklist and practice and strictly enforce the “clean as you go” policy.
3. Check out all work stations including the employee cafeteria. Ensures proper set-up for breakfast, lunch and/or dinner.
4. Check with the Sous Chef on the items needing preparation that day by inventory on a production chart that is on hand presently and bring it up to par stock levels set by the Executive Chef.
5. Assign, coordinate and supervise the set-up and food production areas within the service kitchen to maximize productivity and minimize waste.
6. Check daily use records with the Executive Chef or Sous Chef so as to make sure that estimates are filled in correctly and make sure that production is following these estimates as closely as possible.
7. Pull all food needed for daily production from walk-in box and utilize all leftovers as per SOP and with the help of the Executive Chef or Food Production Manager to minimize waste.