Job Analysis Questionnaires includes questions as follows:
A. EMPLOYEE INFO:
• List name, employee ID, dept, job title, hob code….?
• Supervisor’s name, supervisor ‘s title?
• How long have you been in your current position?
B. KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• List your major work tasks and responsibilities.
• Indicate the approximate percentage of time spent performing each function/task on an annualized basis (describe only those duties that occupy at least 5% time).
C. PROBLEM SOLVING
• Make a response in order to indicate the level of problem solving required in the job.
• 6 level of problem solving can refer at the end of this post.
D. DECISION MAKING
• Please describe one of the most important situations you have to solve in performing your position’s major duties and responsibilities. Then, indicate how you solve them and the kind of guidance.
• Identify types of decisions you make and at the end of each sentence check the frequency of occurrence (daily, weekly, or monthly).
• You can also refer level of decision at the end of this post.
E. MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES.
• If you supervise others, give the name of divisions(s) or unit(s) managed and the number of full- and part-time employees supervised, including their job titles.
• As to each position listed above, please list what’s management task you have to do?
• Are you in charge of a division, department or organizational unit? If yes, please identify.
• How much of your time, approximately, is spent performing the above management tasks in any given week (i.e., 20%, 50%, 80%)?
• How much of your time is spent on your other tasks and responsibilities? Would you say that managing or your other work is your primary duty? Please explain.
• Please list the job titles of the employees who report directly to you, and not through a subordinate supervisor. Indicate if these employees are full-time, part-time or student workers.
• In the organizational chart below, please indicate the reporting lines by completing the boxes with the appropriate titles based on the key
• Please describe the contact you have with people inside and outside.
• Please identify the person/department and what type (oral and/or written) and frequency (daily, weekly, monthly) of contact you have.
• And describe the type of contact (for example problem solving, procedure interpretation, or influencing others.)
G. JOB COMPLEXITY
• What is the extent of Job Complexity for this position?
• Please explain and give examples?
Also include the level of difficulty as: Very easy = 1; Easy = 2; Moderate (can rely on own knowledge with occasional questions of supervisor) = 3; Difficult = 4; Very difficult = 5.
H. WORK ENVIRONMENT
• First, make element list of work environment in your organization.
• Identify total time spent by each element (none, as much as 25%, 25 to 50%, 50 to 75%).
• What level of sound is usual in your work environment?
• List the specific job duties that are affected by the environmental conditions selected by incumbent.
I. PHYSICAL DEMANDS.
• First, make element list of physical activities in your organization.
• Is it necessary to lift or exert force? If so, for each level of weight or exertion, identify weight of each element.
• Are there any special vision requirements?
• List the specific job duties that require the physical demands selected.
• How much time is spent in the following physical activities? (none, as much as 25%, 25 to 50%, 50 to 75%).
J. MENTAL REQUIREMENTS.
• What level of mental ability is required for the full performance of this job?
• This includes such competencies as math, hand-eye coordination, motor skills, verbal aptitude, judgment, decision-making abilities, etc.
• What is the minimum level of education and/or specialized training needed to fill the position/vacancy?
• What level of education do you have?
L. WORKING EXPERIENCE
• What is the level of experience necessary to perform this job?
• What is the average time required to learn and perform this job in an acceptable manner?
M. SKILLS AND/OR LICENSING/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED:
• Please indicate all specific skills and/or licensing/certification required (not preferred) to do this job.
• Describe typical situations in which your job requires you to interact with people?
• Please identify who (students, the public, staff, etc.) and the purpose of the interaction?
• Pls let me know purpose of skill?
May you think of any other information that would be important in understanding your job? If so, please give us your comments below.
O. SUPERVISOR’S REVIEW SECTION
Based on your understanding of the job as it currently exists, please review the employee’s response and provide your own comments in the space provided below. Please do not change the employee’s responses.
P.HR DEPT COMMENTS:………………………………………………………………….
- Methods of job analysis
- Questionnaire method
- Functional job analysis
- Process of functional job analysis
- Functional job analysis questions
- HR career ebooks (you can download free and ref all ebooks related HR career…)
Author: Davi Ngo, hrvinet.com