This article include content: job purpose, key duties/responsibilities and related documents of IT account manager.
Job purpose of IT account manager
To be responsible for building new business relationships and expanding the business opportunities with existing customers. This includes development of new accounts, selling new business to existing accounts, and management of resources performing on accounts.
I. Key duties/responsibilities of IT account manager:
1. Prospect, qualify, close and manage solutions (IT services) sales to deliver value in the application development lifecycle space.
2. Develop and maintain a current account plan for each major client detailing their business and IT objectives and their key relationships, our current business with the client, and our plans to grow the business within the account.
3. Build and manage a business pipeline to exceed branch goals for revenue and contribution margin.
4. Leads on-site implementation team(s).
5. Maintains quality and time metrics for the project.
6. Oversees the effectiveness and quality of existing training methodologies, training materials and training programs.
7. Understands the applicable technology solution set in order to help lead a successful implementation.
8. Escalates issues to project sponsor and/or management when appropriate.
9. Helps develop implementation standards and ensures they are being followed.
10. Manages relationships with lab personnel during the project implementation process.
11. Regular communications will be required with the team and lab personnel and also must provide regular updates to management throughout the project life cycle.
12. Leads the effective turnover of completed implementations.
13. Coordinate and manage opportunity pursuit teams. This includes identification of team members, use of Opportunity Review processes, solution, proposal, and sales strategy development.
14. Partner with Recruiting to communicate external hiring needs as they become known; identify and qualify both internal and external resources when necessary.
15. Align professional staff career management to maximize business revenue and margin.
16. Negotiate profitable contracts for Compuware by proposing rates within our target profit range.
17. Build relationships with existing clients from supplier to business partner.
18. Maintain service level with clients that exceed their expectations.
19. Coordinates the implementation, deployment and operation of information systems and technology solutions for business needs.
20. Performs initial analysis, work-flow assessments and periodic reviews of implementations to ensure client requirements are met.
II. Related Sales Account documents:
• 14 Account job descriptions samples.
• All samples of Account resumes.
You also can save as this free file as pdf/doc or download free career, KPI ebooks at sidebar. Update: 2011.