Insurance job descriptions
1. Job description types of Insurance department
• Insurance specialist
• Insurance consultant
• Insurance account manager
• Insurance risk analyst
• Insurance Policy Processing Clerks
• Insurance sales agents
• Insurance underwriter
• Insurance broker
• Insurance claims clerk
• Insurance claims adjuster
• Claims examiner
• Financial adviser
2. Basic functions of Insurance positions
• Work with brokers, fronting insurance company and captive insurance company on local country policy issuance, premium collection and claim payments.
• Work with brokers and insurers to ensure compliance with insurance regulations.
• Provide international loss data to actuaries and review actuarial reports.
• Review insurance policies and reinsurance agreements.
• Responsible for global insurance budget and premiums for international subsidiaries.
• Review and monitor large international claims
3. Related Insuracne documents:
Tips to write effective job description
Not having the job description reviewed by others:
This is also a common mistake. One may be subject to bias, but more than one, especially with the help of those external advisor, the job description can be more perfect.
Not specific enough:
Be specific and concise; if you don’t address the specific, then what the job description is for. It is for the candidate to understand just exactly what he needs to do or needs to have. Lacking details can confuse the candidates very well.
Listing unnecessary functions or job duties:
Just classifying these into the “others” category will save you a lot of effort and space. On the other hand, the job description will become more dilute and easy to be neglected.
Using buzzwords or abbreviations:
In fact, it is not necessary at all to use such in a job description.
Using slang or legal words:
just use common wording to communicate with others and don’t do anything extraordinarily.
Not updating the job description:
The same job may require different duties and responsibilities in different times, so, you cannot use the same job description for 2 different times.
Source: 12 tips to writer an effective job description – http://www.humanresources.hrvinet.com/tip-to-writing-job-description/