Interview questions for insurance field include:
I. General insurance interview questions
1. How did you go about promoting a policy that you were handling?
2. On the scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate yourself as an insurance sale professional?
3. How are you at achieving sales targets? Can you walk us through how you were successful at reaching your targets?
4. Define the term “Insurance”? What do you think is insurance?
5. What are the different types of insurance?
6. Explain a time when you have worked effectively under pressure.
7. Explain something that you have attempted and failed. What did you do next?
8. How do you feel that your personal or academic background fits with the position that you are seeking?
9. What do you believe will be the biggest challenges of this position?
10. What do you think about the growth prospects of insurance sector?
11. What do you like/ dislike the most about being an insurance sales representative?
12. Have you had any training in insurance? If so, what consisted in the training program?
13. Have you ever been in sales before? If so, what was your closing ratio?
14. What do you know about our company/products/industry?
15. What is the most difficult problem you have ever solved?
II. Insurance Agent interview questions
1. Are you up to the challenge of making dozens of calls while enduring periods when only a few people will answer the telephone?
2. What will you do if you are hung up on once you introduce yourself to a respondent?
3. Let’s say an irate caller insults or bawls you out because he is frustrated with our service. How will you handle this scenario?
4. I would sometimes give you a script to follow when calling a particular group of prospects. How would you handle it?
5. How familiar are you with the insurance industry?
6. We expect our employees to be professional. How would you conduct yourself?
7. You will be hung up on at least once in a while. How would you react?
8. This job involves telemarketing. Your job will be to call prospects on a list I assign to you and write leads by recording brief information and setting up a potential appointment with the prospect to receive an insurance quote from me. How do you feel about this?