Insurance consultant job description
Job purpose of insurance consultant is to use statistical and mathematical knowledge to make long-term financial forecasts.
Key duties of insurance consultant:
1. Build, maintain, and enhance strong producer relationships through superior product knowledge level, explicit territory management practices, and excellent customer service.
2. Achieve office and personal sales goals through negotiations and positioning of Insurance offerings.
3. Collaborating with a range of colleagues
4. Selecting and using IT software to manage data;
5. Researching current developments in the business and financial worlds.
6. Visiting and dealing with a variety of different clients and client sites;
7. Operate within reliable business acquisition and retention processes, effectively utilizing technology, marketing tools, and the support infrastructure
8. Using mathematical and statistical concepts to determine probability and assess risks;
9. Writing detailed reports and letters;
10. Applying a range of techniques to resolve different types of business problems;
11. Working with it professionals to develop systems that ensure compliance with the requirements of regulatory bodies.
Tips to write effective job description
Not having the job description reviewed by others:
This is also a common mistake. One may be subject to bias, but more than one, especially with the help of those external advisor, the job description can be more perfect.
Not specific enough:
Be specific and concise; if you don’t address the specific, then what the job description is for. It is for the candidate to understand just exactly what he needs to do or needs to have. Lacking details can confuse the candidates very well.
Listing unnecessary functions or job duties:
Just classifying these into the “others” category will save you a lot of effort and space. On the other hand, the job description will become more dilute and easy to be neglected.
Using buzzwords or abbreviations:
In fact, it is not necessary at all to use such in a job description.
Using slang or legal words:
just use common wording to communicate with others and don’t do anything extraordinarily.
Not updating the job description:
The same job may require different duties and responsibilities in different times, so, you cannot use the same job description for 2 different times.
Source: 12 tips to writer an effective job description – http://www.humanresources.hrvinet.com/tip-to-writing-job-description/