HR assistant duties include key tasks as follows:
1. Recruitment & selection
• Prepare and place all internal and external advertisements for recruitment.
• Receive applications, record in HR Database and send acknowledgement letters to candidates who have applied for positions.
• Arrange interviews in accordance with panel member’s availability.
• Where HR is participating in interviews, organise interview space and set up the room for interviews.
• Prepare and send out successful and unsuccessful letters to candidates.
• Prepare all new contracts and employment package, follow up with interviewers on commencement formalities eg police checks, drivers’ licence…
2. Training & development
• Assist with the arrangements for organisational training.
• Collect incoming publications for training courses and investigate other training opportunities for staff.
• Book all training courses for employees.
• Record all training completed by employees in the HR Database.
3. Human resources database and personnel files
• Maintain the HR Data Base and regularly update the personnel information.
• Maintain personnel filing system.
• Provide Reports as required, and prepare reminder letters in relation to overdue Certificates eg First Aid, Police clearance, drivers’ license.
4. Workers’ compensation & safety
• Ensure all Workers’ Compensation claims documentation is completed and provided to insurer.
• Liaise with Insurer and Payroll about Workers Compensation Claims as required.
• Assist the HR Manager with the administration of the OSH Committee/Forum.
5. Appraisal management
• To assist with the administrative duties of the appraisal and salary review process
• Maintain and update personnel records for staff (paper and electronic)
• Record leave and staff changes
• Update the Staff Handbook as and when requested by the HR Manager
• Update the Managers’ Handbook as and when requested by the HR Manager
• Update the Matrix and any web pages
• Arranging meetings
• Arrange travel for the HR team
• Keep filing up to date
• Scan paperwork for electronic filing
• Produce reports from the personnel database
• Maintain routine correspondence and draft appropriate responses.
• Provide response to general HR enquiries verbal or written.
• Assist the HR Manager with research and other special projects.
• Take an active role in creating a safe and healthy work environment.
• HR KPI
• Other source: HR manager job description
• HR career ebooks (you can download free and ref all ebooks related HR career…)