How to perform / conduct a person specification ? You should do 4 steps as follows for conducting / writing a person specification.
Step 1: Collect job information
Based on methods of job analysis.
Step 2: Setup procedures, working instructions.
Identify procedures, working instructions…for each task, then identify sub-task (task ->sub-task).
Step 3: Identify job specification for each task
Step 4: Create a person specification
- Writing a person specification is the same writing a job specification.
- Person specification will correlate with the job specification but it not include any requirements which are not necessary for the job.
- You should refer all information in post “how to write a job specification”.
How to develop person specifications?
You should use KSA model or competency model in order to develop person specification
- What is a person specification
- Purpose of person specification
- Contents of a person specification
- Free sample person specifications
- KSA model
- HR career ebooks (you can download free and ref all ebooks related HR career…)
• Attainments (e.g. highest level of education completed, relevant sales experience, abilities to perform certain tasks)
• Aptitudes (e.g. verbal reasoning, numerical aptitude, psychometric testing etc)
• Personal Interests (social activities, sporting activities, hobbies and personal achievements)
• Personal Circumstances (e.g. flexibility to work shifts or overtime, full or part time work, etc.
• Languages (e.g. is the ability to speak other languages important?
Author: Davi Ngo, hrvinet.com