Housekeeping manager job description
Job purpose of Housekeeping manager is to supervise the daily operations of the housekeeping staff, promoting a safe environment and quality service to achieve maximum guest satisfaction, protection of assets and minimal expenses.
Key duties/responsibilities of Housekeeping manager include:
1. Monitors appliances, furniture, room supplies and general appearance of rooms to ensure all is up to hotel standards.
2. Monitors inventory of all housekeeping supplies ensuring that staff has the necessary supplies available to perform their assignments.
3. Receives and confirms deliveries of supplies and services.
4. Continually seeks to develop housekeeping policies and procedures to improve the current operation.
5. Assists the Executive Housekeeper in the daily management of labor expenses
6. Assists in the training and development of all housekeeping associates.
7. Assists in managing preparation of schedules, payroll and workloads for housekeeping staff ensuring maximum efficiency.
8. Conducts weekly and monthly linen inventory .
9. Prepares and follows up on incidents and accident reports.
10. Monitors guest complaints and takes corrective action when necessary.
11. Prepares and reviews daily housekeeping reports.
12. Leads room heavy cleaning maintenance program..
13. Prepares and conducts 90 day and annual performance reviews.
14. Inspects all hotel rooms, public areas, VIP rooms, and spa (property specific) daily to ensure that cleanliness meets hotel standards
15. Performs miscellaneous duties and assists General Manager as directed.