Hematologist job description include key duties:
1. Investigating the biochemistry of blood clotting;
2. Producing quantitative data in the form of reports and providing key information to medical staff about a patient’s condition;
3. Producing written text to assist colleagues in the interpretation of test results;
4. Liaising with medical staff by giving professional guidance with regard to haematological analysis results;
5. Making decisions on further haematological analysis;
6. Liaising with other medical professionals to discuss patient treatment plans;
7. Cross-matching blood for use in transfusions;
8. Selecting appropriate techniques for different types of haematological analysis;
9. Maintaining accurate and detailed records;
10. Receiving and preparing blood samples for analysis;
11. Analysing blood samples using computer-aided and manual techniques;
12. Reviewing initial data that reveals, for example, white or red blood cell abnormalities.
Tips to write effective job description
Not having the job description reviewed by others:
This is also a common mistake. One may be subject to bias, but more than one, especially with the help of those external advisor, the job description can be more perfect.
Not specific enough:
Be specific and concise; if you don’t address the specific, then what the job description is for. It is for the candidate to understand just exactly what he needs to do or needs to have. Lacking details can confuse the candidates very well.
Listing unnecessary functions or job duties:
Just classifying these into the “others” category will save you a lot of effort and space. On the other hand, the job description will become more dilute and easy to be neglected.
Using buzzwords or abbreviations:
In fact, it is not necessary at all to use such in a job description.
Using slang or legal words:
just use common wording to communicate with others and don’t do anything extraordinarily.
Not updating the job description:
The same job may require different duties and responsibilities in different times, so, you cannot use the same job description for 2 different times.
Source: 12 tips to writer an effective job description – http://www.humanresources.hrvinet.com/tip-to-writing-job-description/