Golf course general manager job description
This post include is contents of job profile/tile such as: job purpose, key duties/responsibilities/tasks and related documents of Golf course general manager.
Job purpose of Golf course general manager
Job purpose/job functions of this position to work closely with the golf course supervisor, implementing, supervising, and completing all duties, assignments and projects for the golf course.
Key duties/responsibilities of Golf course general manager:
1. Maintain and grow membership and customer base by promptly handling member and guest concerns and issues.
2. Ensure open communication and high visibility to members and guests by conducting daily walk-through of club.
3. Generate revenue by acting as sales manager for the entire club; expand sales by initiating and monitoring effectiveness of monthly promotions, demand managements, and demand creation strategies.
4. Ensure that the club meets all debt and lease term obligations. Fiduciary responsibility to ensure that the club meets all contractual obligations.
5. Ensure the club is not placed in a position of liability by acts of negligence or poor management decisions.
6. Ensure all expense control systems are in place with close monitoring of all department expenses including revenue to payroll ratio. Ensure appropriate forecasting systems are utilized.
7. Ensure all Club Policies & Procedures are adhered to and ensure all Club staff are accountable for compliance of theses Policies & Procedures.
8. Maintain exceptional Member Relations and facilities by creating a quality environment through staffing, programming, service operations, and maintenance.
9. Recruit, select and develop a qualified staff of Department Heads to understand the relationships between value, Member Satisfaction and Member retention/attrition.
10. Manage budget and expenses by; utilizing labor scheduling tools to follow demand patterns.
11. Manage staff by providing training, direction, supervision, evaluation and corrective action when required.
12. Develop departmental sales plan, in conjunction with the Director of Marketing and Sales and Regional Staff, including specific tactics for revenue generation.
13. Responsible for and supervises golf shop merchandising efforts of golf shop. Keeping in compliance with the buy plan and approved vendor lists.
14. Responsible for setting club goals, both qualitative and quantitative. Develop business and financial plans for club.
15. Establishes teaching program at the Club and teaches golf within the guidelines of this program as time permits.
16. Manage facilities by working closely with all department heads to ensure compliance