Front Desk Supervisor job description
Job purpose of Front Desk Supervisor is to assists the Front Desk Manager/Front Office Manager by overseeing the responsibilities of the Front Desk staff. Ensuring that the guests are being serviced in a professional and competent manner.
Key duties/responsibilities of Front Desk Supervisor:
1. Communicates with the Engineering Department regarding any maintenance requests from the guests.
2. Checks AM and PM discrepancy reports.
3. Has complete working knowledge of software system, including all daily transactions and those which are not performed often.
4. Has full understanding of software system and assists with reservations.
5. Can perform all of the front desk functions to include Guest Service Aide, PBX Operator, Front Desk Clerk, Reservationists, etc.
6. Assists Front Desk Clerks by checking guests in and out of the hotel.
7. Knows how and where to post all charges.
8. Receives money from guests for payment of hotel charges and makes correct change.
9. Handles checks and credit cards received from the guests for payment of hotel charges.
10. Knows all of the room rates.
11. Issues safety deposit boxes to guests when requested.
12. Gives directions to hotel facilities, rooms and local area attractions.
13. Provides for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
14. Ensures proper staffing levels of Front Desk Clerks by assisting Front Desk Manager/Front Office Manager in preparing weekly schedule and maintaining proper documentation (time cards, disciplinary procedures, reviews, etc.)
15. Assists the Front Desk Manager/Front Office Manager by handling special requests, group blocking and unusual circumstances.
16. Communicates with the Housekeeping Department regarding guest rooms and requests.
17. Trains all new Front Desk Clerks.