Front Desk Agent performance evaluation
1. Identify KRAs of Front Desk Agent
“Key Result Areas” or KRAs refer to general areas of outputs or outcomes for which the department’s role is responsible. You also need to understand some definitions: Key performance areas, Key performance indicators.
2. Identify job objectives
Do you set up objectives for Front Desk Agent?
• 1 month.
• 3 months.
• 6 months.
• 12 months.
3. Identify job description of Front Desk Agent
You can use some tasks of Front Desk Agent as follows:
• Verify that the correct charges and credits are posted to the corresponding guest folio.
• Collect payment for charges on the guest folio.
• Provide quotes for room rates and up-sell the guest when possible.
• Assist in coordinating the Front Desk and the Housekeeping Department.
• Ensure all cash and cash equivalents are accounted for and balanced at the beginning and end of each work shift.
4. Job standards/procedures
It is very difficult to appraise Front Desk Agent if you have not job standards, job procedures for this positions.
Try it now:
• How to do each task?
• How to measure performance of each task?
• How to control/monitor each step of a process?
5. Front Desk Agent evaluation forms
You can you types of performance evaluation as follows:
• Peer form.
• Self appraisal form.
• Customer/Other department appraisal form.
• Superior appraisal form.
• Subordinate appraisal form.
6. Related docs to Front Desk Agent evaluation
• Front office job descriptions
• Front office interview questions
• Performance evaluation handbook
• Performance evaluation examples
• Performance evaluation methods
• Performance evaluation process
• 360 degree performance evaluation