Front Desk Agent job description
Job purpose of Front Desk Agent is to perform all desk related functions including but not limited to checking guests in and out, making room reservations, giving recommendations, and providing directions.
Key duties/responsibilities of Front Desk Agent:
1. Provide quotes for room rates and up-sell the guest when possible.
2. Assist in coordinating the Front Desk and the Housekeeping Department.
3. Verify that the correct charges and credits are posted to the corresponding guest folio.
4. Collect payment for charges on the guest folio.
5. Ensure all cash and cash equivalents are accounted for and balanced at the beginning and end of each work shift.
6. Responds to guest inquiries.
7. Provide administrative, reception and program support to management and staff.
8. Manage phone activity including providing general knowledge to callers.
9. Manage walk-in traffic. Sign in guests as needed. Smile and greet customers in a welcoming manner.
10. Register and assign rooms to guests.
11. Resolve guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refer the matter to the management.
Tips to write effective job description
Not having the job description reviewed by others:
This is also a common mistake. One may be subject to bias, but more than one, especially with the help of those external advisor, the job description can be more perfect.
Not specific enough:
Be specific and concise; if you don’t address the specific, then what the job description is for. It is for the candidate to understand just exactly what he needs to do or needs to have. Lacking details can confuse the candidates very well.
Listing unnecessary functions or job duties:
Just classifying these into the “others” category will save you a lot of effort and space. On the other hand, the job description will become more dilute and easy to be neglected.
Using buzzwords or abbreviations:
In fact, it is not necessary at all to use such in a job description.
Using slang or legal words:
just use common wording to communicate with others and don’t do anything extraordinarily.
Not updating the job description:
The same job may require different duties and responsibilities in different times, so, you cannot use the same job description for 2 different times.
Source: 12 tips to writer an effective job description – http://www.humanresources.hrvinet.com/tip-to-writing-job-description/