1. Job specification definition
Job Specification is a description of specific knowledge, skills and abilities that are required to perform the job. Job Specification is defined as the summary of minimum requirements for a person to apply for the job.
2. How to design a job specification?
A typical job specification contains competencies, which are defined as essential or desirable knowledge or skills that a candidate should have.
Most common competencies are:
• Physical attributes (health, age…)
• Education level (education degree, certificate or diploma)
• Aptitudes or abilities (verbal reasoning, numerical reasoning…)
• Interests or Hobbies (social activities, sports…)
• Additional details (willing to work overtime, full time or part time)
Sample / example of job specifications are popular with organizations, manager, human resource department, incumbents. This information will help you develop effective job specifications.
3. Job spec examples
You can use free sample / example job specifications as follows:
- All job description samples
- What is a job specification
- Purpose of job specification
- Contents of a job specification
- How to write a job specification