Flight attendant job specification include job requirements:
1. Minimum age 20.
2. High school diploma or G.E.D required; 2years of college preferred.
3. A minimum of 2 years recent face to face customer service experience required.
4. Positive professional disposition and appearance.
5. Ability to accept personal responsibility for resolving concerns.
6. Excellent work ethic and demonstrated ability to act with purpose and urgency.
7. Eligibility to work in the United States without sponsorship.
8. Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
9. Second language is a plus.
10. Ability to work indoors with strength and stamina to endure standing for entire shift.
11. Minimum height 5’2″ without shoes; maximum height 6’2″ with shoes.
12. Height and weight proportionate to maintain professional appearance; body size cannot exceed specific aircraft dimensions (example: jumpseat, cabin aisle, and emergency exits)
13. Ability to lift objects weighing up to 40 pounds over head.
14. Successful completion of post-offer pre-employment DOT drug screening.
15. Successful completion of pre-employment physical examination that reveals no physical or mental limitations that would impair ability to perform routine or emergency job duties.
16. Excellent communication skills that include speaking to large groups and individual customers.
17. Ability to work any available schedule to include nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
Related Transportation & Logistics documents:
Using KSA model for setting up job specification
KSA model is a competency model of individual. KSA is the same KSAO.
Components of KSA:
• A body of information needed to perform a task.
• For example, Human Resources Knowledge include knowledge of personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
• Skills are the proficiency to perform a certain task.
• For example, skill in operating computer peripherals such as printers.
• Abilities are an underlying, enduring trait useful for performing tasks.
• For example, oral comprehension – the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.