100 Finance interview questions and answers
This post can be used for all finance positions such as financial manager, financial controller, financial analyst, financial assistant…
I/ Sample 100 financial interview questions
8. Describe the finance functions within a company and where you see yourself fitting.
9. What’s a Price/Earning (P/E) ratio and how do you use it?
10. What if 2 companies have the same value of P/E ratios, which company does you think is better?
11. How would you explain net present value to non-finance major?
12. What is our company’s stock price? How would you forecast the future stock price for next year?
13. What specific steps do you utilize in solving workplace problems?
14. What experience have you had in fixed assets accounting?
15. How can you create Budgets for daily pods?
16. How to use special and pair value sets?
17. What is consolidation ?
18. Why depreciation is not charged on land?
19. Can u explain me the flow in General ledger?
20. What is meant by group chart of accounts in sap fico ?
21. How important does Accounts receivable for small business and why?
22. What are the goals of Accounts receivable?
23. What are the powerful softwares that could be used for doing efficient Accounts receivable?
24. What are the strategies to be followed for preparing Accounts receivable?
25. How debtors play its role in Accounts receivable?
26. Who is responsible for maintaining the Accounts receivable in an organization?
27. How important is Accounts receivable to business?
28. What do you mean by Accounts payable cycle?
29. What is Trial Balance?
30. What is difference between account payable and bills payable?
31. How to account freight cost, handling charges, purchase tax at the time of raising a Purchase Order?
32. What is Reconciliation Statement ?
33. How do you answer this question “what is company code”.
34. Is it necessary to create Sundry creditors?
35. What is the meaning of TDS? How it is charged?
36. What is interest on Capital?
37. What is Pool rate?
38. What the procedures or process involved in the preparation for the audit?
39. What is Web Audit?
40. What are the different types of internal audit?
41. What is the difference between an internal audit and the annual external audit?
42. What is Internal Audit?
43. What is meant by Single Audit process?
44. Where is Audit Data Stored?
45. What is meant by computer auditing?
46. What are the reasons for getting audited?
47. What do ‘income assessed’ and ‘non-income assessed’ mean?
48. What is authorized share capital?
49. What is paid up share capital?
50. How much depreciation to be calculated for fixed assets older than 5 years?
51. What is accumulated depreciation?
52. What are the journal entries which get passed from asset purchasing to asset retirement?
53. What is fictitious assets?
54. What is the difference between the different depreciation methods?
55. What are the activities present in payroll task?
56. What is Payroll Disbursements Journal?
57. What are the steps in Payroll Management?
58. What is the software efficient for carrying out payroll tasks?
59. What is the difference between paycheck and Payslip?
60. How advantage is payroll for small business?
61. What is Payroll Journal?
62. How would you choose to buy a particular stock?
63. Why might a company choose debt over equity financing?
64. Where is the market going?
65. What major factors drive mergers and acquisitions?
66. What is goodwill? How does it affect net income?
67. What is working capital?
68. What are deferred taxes?
69. How do you value a company (particular to investment banking / private equity etc)?
70. What qualities do you think are important for this industry? Do you possess those qualities?
71. Why would two companies merge? What major factors drive mergers and acquisitions?
72. Tell me three items on the front page of today’s Econimic Times / Financial Express etc?
73. Why might a company choose debt over equity financing?
74. Can you describe a recent situation in which you accomplished an important objective in a brief period of time?
75. How do you take challenges?
76. Are you willing to work in shifts?
77. What is the thing you like the most in the world? Why?
78. What is the thing you dislike the most in the world? Why?
79. What does success mean to you?
80. How do you define failure?
81. What is contingency liability?
82. How do you value a company?
83. You’ve been asked to reduce the budget by 8%. What criteria will you use in identifying the budget reductions?
84. Who is a more senior creditor, a stockholder or a bondholder?
85. What is the difference between accounts and finance?
86. Explain fixed cost, variable cost and marginal cost?
87. What is Break Even Point? What does it signify?
88. What is the purpose of chargeback?
89. What is MIS report and do you prepare it?
90. Why are you leaving the organization you work for?
91. How much time do you need to join the organization?
92. Are you aggressive?
93. What makes you a good manager?
94. What motivates you the most?
95. What skills and abilities do you have?
96. Is there anything you want to ask?
97. If you were hired for this job, what areas would you make an immediate impact?
98. In what areas do you think you will need guidance?
99. How will you approach learning this “new” job?
100. How will you approach acquiring new skill sets?
II/ Other finance interview materials:
10. Job interview ebooks (you can download free and ref best job interview ebooks)
Job interview ebooks
The job interview ebooks are available at Clickbank.com, if you want to ref more information, you can visit links below: