F&B Supervisor job specification include job requirements:
1. Applicant must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age to apply.
2. An associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year College or technical school
3. Full understanding of licensing responsibilities and environmental health standards
4. Awareness of statutory requirements applicable to food and drink service
5. Proven experience in established bar, restaurant, conference or banqueting business
6. People management/team leader experience with the ability to motivate and inspire performance
7. The ability to work and communicate effectively with the general public, other members of the team and with all levels of management
8. Excellent organisation and time management skills
9. The ability to remain calm and effective under pressure.
10. Team player
11. Ability to lead and motivate a team
Using KSA model for setting up job specification
KSA model is a competency model of individual. KSA is the same KSAO.
Components of KSA:
• A body of information needed to perform a task.
• For example, Human Resources Knowledge include knowledge of personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
• Skills are the proficiency to perform a certain task.
• For example, skill in operating computer peripherals such as printers.
• Abilities are an underlying, enduring trait useful for performing tasks.
• For example, oral comprehension – the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.