F&B Director job description
Job purpose of F&B Director is responsible for all front and back of the house F&B operations including, a fine dining room, steakhouse, coffee shop, buffet, quick service outlets, bars, employee dining room, kitchens and banquet functions.
Key duties/responsibilities of F&B Director:
1. Monitors performance to ensure adherence to all service standards, sanitation standards, productivity standards to ensure exceptional guest satisfaction.
2. Monitor and control food & beverage inventories.
3. Maintain inventories of related food & beverage equipment.
4. Monitor and control labor costs.
5. Maintain cleanliness and sanitation levels to Health Department required ratings at all times.
6. Manage food preparation.
7. Develop and implement policies and procedures.
8. Ability to organize multiple projects; manage and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
9. Exhibits a positive and involved team attitude to all and promotes positive relations through an environment that encourages open communications, trust, and mutual respect.
10. Strong communication, organization, problem-solving, and follow-up.
11. Manage and motivate all food & beverage personnel.
12. Manage interviewing, staffing, training and development of food & beverage team, discipline.
13. Monitor and forecast food & beverage revenues and expenses to ensure company goals are met on a monthly and yearly basis.
14. Implement new menu items that will increase customer satisfaction and perception of value.
15. Implement policies and procedures for food and beverage.
16. Ensure the quality levels of food & beverage products and maintain quality standards in production, services, facilities and guest satisfaction.
17. Develop and manage the annual food & beverage budget.
18. Implement and monitor ordering and receiving program to ensure proper quantity and prices on all purchases.