Fashion designer job description
This post include is contents of job profile/tile such as: job purpose, key duties/responsibilities/tasks and related documents of Fashion designer.
Basic functions of Fashion designer
You can ref some functions as follows (we are updating key tasks for this position).
• In charge of selection of fabrics and textiles.
• Transfers the products from the designer and manufacturer to the consumers.
• Formulate good marketing strategies to increase sales.
• Anticipate customer preferences.
• Responsible for tracking profits and losses.
• Supervise sales, oversee production costs and create income projections for their company.
• Responsible for conceptualizing a fashion line for the target consumer and for the current season.
• Develop a group of products and/or accessories, and market them through venues such as boutiques or mail-order catalogs.
• Direct and coordinate workers involved in drawing and cutting patterns and constructing samples or finished garments.
• Identify target markets for designs, looking at factors such as age, gender, and socioeconomic status.
• Provide sample garments to agents and sales representatives, and arrange for showings of sample garments at sales meetings or fashion shows.
• Purchase new or used clothing and accessory items as needed to complete designs.
• Read scripts and consult directors and other production staff in order to develop design concepts and plan productions.
Job titles related
• Fashion assistant
• Fashion account executive
• Fashion allocator
• Fashion buyer
• Fashion brand manager
• Fashion coordinator
• Fashion consultant
• Fashion designer
• Fashion forecaster
• Fashion merchandiser
• Fashion manager
• Fashion marketing manager
• Fashion production assistant
• Fashion planner
• Fashion retail manager
• Fashion stylist
• Fashion sales rep