1. What is external recruitment:
External recruitment is when organizations looks to fill the vacancy from any suitable applicant outside organizations.
2. Methods of external recruitment:
Campus is the location of a university, college, or school’s main buildings. This method is based on recruitment at university, colleges…
2.2 Job centers
Job centers often specialize in recruitment for specific sectors. They usually provide a shortlist of candidates based on the people registered with the agency. They also supply temporary or interim employees.
2.3 Head hunting.
Head hunting are recruitment agents who provide a more specialized approach to the recruitment of key employees and/or senior management.
Advertisements are the most common form of external recruitment. They can be found in many places such as:
• Job posting on job sites
• Ads on websites related to positions recruited.
2.5 Database search on job sites.
Company can buy data from job websites for a week or a month …
2.6 Employee referral
This method often refer to as ‘word of mouth’ and can be a recommendation from a colleague at work.
2.7 Contract staffing.
2.8 Free online ads
You can post your recruitment ads at free websites such as forum…
3. Advantages of external recruitment:
• Outside people bring in new ideas
• Larger pool of workers from which to find the best candidate
• People have a wider range of experience
4. Disadvantages of external recruitment:
• Longer process
• More expensive process due to
• advertisements and interviews required
• Selection process may not be effective enough to reveal the best candidate
Author: Tommy Doan, hrvinet.com