Electrical maintenance technician job description
This post include is contents of job profile/tile such as: job purpose, key duties/responsibilities/tasks and related documents of Electrical maintenance technician.
Basic functions of Electrical maintenance technician
You can ref some functions as follows (we are updating key tasks for this position).
• Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
• Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
• Maintain current electrician’s license or identification card to meet governmental regulations.
• Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
• Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
• Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
• Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
• Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
Job titles related
• Electrical apprentice
• Electrical assembler
• Electrical assistant
• Electrical contractor
• Electrical designer
• Electrical drafter
• Electrical engineer
• Electrical estimator
• Electrical engineering technician
• Electrical engineering manager
• Electrical foreman
• Electrical helper
• Electrical inspector
• Electrical installer
• Electrical lineman
• Electrical mechanic
• Electrical maintenance technician
• Electrical maintenance supervisor
• Electrical project manager
• Electrical project engineer
• Electrical supervisor
• Electrical superintendent
• Electrical service technician
• Electrical technician