Distribution clerk job description
Job purpose of Distribution clerk is to include receiving, storing, and distributing material, tools, equipment, and products within establishments by performing the following duties.
Key duties/responsibilities of Distribution clerk:
1. Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
2. Arranges stock parts in specified sequence for assembly by other workers.
3. Uses computer to enter records.
4. Compiles worksheets or tickets from customer specifications.
5. Drives vehicle to transport stored items from warehouse to plant or to pick up items from several locations for shipment.
6. Completes requisition forms to order supplies from other plant departments.
7. Prepares parcels for mailing.
8. Maintains inventory records.
9. Receives Material at loading dock in a priority manner
10. Maintain the confidentiality and security of test materials during distribution.
11. Ensure confidentiality of test return verifications.
12. Maintain accurate records, complete order forms and special requests.
13. Retrieve and stock inventory items.
14. Fill inventory orders by gathering, packaging, and posting materials.
15. Verify reports against purchase order requirements.
16. Perform physical counts of inventory items.
17. Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
18. Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
19. Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
20. Sorts and stores perishable goods in refrigerated rooms in a FIFO and lot control manner.
21. Locate, retrieve and load inventory items, manually and through the operation of pallet jack, forklift, and other warehouse equipment.
22. Work competently with full range of movements and maintain an active level of physical activity most of the day including walking, climbing, bending, and lifting up to 100 lbs.
23. Communicate effectively and efficiently with internal and external customers.
24. Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
25. Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes items to production workers or assembly line.
26. Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department.
27. Marks materials with identifying information.
28. Opens bales, crates, and other containers.
29. Resolve discrepancies between receipts and purchase order requirements.
30. Advise in-house clients regarding the status of inventory items, availability, amount and condition.