Dishwasher job description
Job purpose of Dishwasher is to keep and maintain the kitchen as well as the equipment.
Key duties/responsibilities of Dishwasher:
1. Maintain a high level of training for equipment cleaning.
2. Empty all the garbage cans to the dumpster at the loading dock.
3. Clean the drains.
4. Clean the loading dock.
5. Clean the fish file.
6. Clean the tilt skillet.
7. Bus the plates, glasses and silver ware of every event.
8. Help in the plate ups.
9. Load dishwasher with dirty dishes as needed.
10. Make sure that the dishwasher machine is cleaning properly.
11. Keep and maintain a clean workstation at all times.
12. Make sure that the dishes are clean and sanitized.
13. Most know the size and the name of the China, silver ware and glassware.
14. Sweep and mop kitchen as needed.
15. Clean walls as needed.
Tips to write effective job description
Not having the job description reviewed by others:
This is also a common mistake. One may be subject to bias, but more than one, especially with the help of those external advisor, the job description can be more perfect.
Not specific enough:
Be specific and concise; if you don’t address the specific, then what the job description is for. It is for the candidate to understand just exactly what he needs to do or needs to have. Lacking details can confuse the candidates very well.
Listing unnecessary functions or job duties:
Just classifying these into the “others” category will save you a lot of effort and space. On the other hand, the job description will become more dilute and easy to be neglected.
Using buzzwords or abbreviations:
In fact, it is not necessary at all to use such in a job description.
Using slang or legal words:
just use common wording to communicate with others and don’t do anything extraordinarily.
Not updating the job description:
The same job may require different duties and responsibilities in different times, so, you cannot use the same job description for 2 different times.
Source: 12 tips to writer an effective job description – http://www.humanresources.hrvinet.com/tip-to-writing-job-description/