Delivery driver job description
Job purpose of Delivery driver is to delivers items by preparing, loading, unloading, operating, and cleaning a truck; developing sales; maintaining records.
Key duties/responsibilities of Delivery driver:
1. Driving and operation of a truck with a patented lift mechanism to load and unload PODS containers at customer sites
2. Accept add-on deliveries required to meet business needs.
3. Use Pod Pilot (handheld computer) for delivery verification and navigation.
4. Operate a forklift and/or an overhead crane.
5. Clean and inspect containers to be sure they are presentable for delivery to customer.
6. Coordinate rental paperwork and payment with the customer.
7. Communicate with the Driver Supervisor or Warehouse Manager on customer questions and/or issues; prepare driver notes as needed.
8. Perform repairs and lift repairs of containers in the field and back at the warehouse
9. Provide backup for warehouse functions when needed
10. Maintain cleanliness of truck cab (keep free from debris inside and outside)
11. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
12. Must be willing and available to work on Saturday
13. Regular attendance and punctuality required
14. Check accuracy and stability of the load.
15. Deliver product and fill vending equipment.
16. Restock machine to proper level, maintaining accurate in stock levels.
17. Invoice and collect monies.
18. Secure company assets.
19. Maintain machine cleanliness appearance, and all appropriate Point of Sales.
20. Ensure compliance with regulatory and company policies and procedures.
21. Settle all accounts daily.