20 Decision making interview questions
I. Introduction about decision making
Questions below will help you interview candidates about their skill of decision making.
II. Decision making interview questions
1. What kind of decisions do you make rapidly? What kind takes more time? Give examples?
2. How do you react in a situation where you need to take an immediate decision? What process will you follow for decision making in such a critical situation?
3. Have you ever faced a situation when you had to take a decision, which did not fall within in your area of responsibility? What decision did you make and how?
4. Have you ever tried to delay any decision-making? What were the consequences of this on both your company and customers?
5. Do you always make decisions on your own without the help of others? In which situations do you seek other ’s help for decision-making?
6. What kinds of problems have you had coordinating technical projects? How did you solve t hem?
7. What was your most difficult decision in the last 6 months? What made it difficult?
8. When you have to make a highly technical decision, how do you go about doing it?
9. Discuss an important decision you have made regarding a task or project at work. What factors influenced your decision?
10. Everyone has made some poor decisions or has done something that just did not turn out right. Has this happened to you? What happened?
11. Give an example of a time in which you had to be relatively quick in coming to a decision?
12. Give an example of a time when you had to be relatively quick in coming to a decision?
13. Give me an example of a time when you had to keep from speaking or making a decision because you did not have enough information?
14. How do you involve your manager and/or others when you make a decision?
15. How have you gone about making important decisions?
16. How quickly do you make decisions? Give an example?
17. In a current job task, what steps do you go through to ensure your decisions are correct/effective?
18. Tell us about a time when you had to defend a decision you made even though other important people were opposed to your decision?
19. How did you go about deciding what strategy to employ when dealing with a difficult customer?
20. How do you go about developing I information to make a decision? Give an example?
Author: Tommy Doan, hrvinet.com