Consumer loan officer job description
Job purpose of consumer loan officer is to solicit, market, and process consumer loans and other services; to properly service customers within the policies, objectives, and guidelines.
Key duties/responsibilities of consumer loan officer:
1. Interviews and accepts all Consumer Loan Applications obtaining financial information and purpose of the loan.
2. Actively participates in the solicitation of lending business and cross-selling of products to customers in person or by phone.
3. Demonstrates progress toward loan production goals set by management.
4. Under manager direction, works collaboratively with Collections department to minimize loan losses, including but not limited to, telephone and field calls to collect.
5. Completes assigned training on a timely basis; demonstrates good working knowledge of bank policies and procedures.
6. Receives training in completion of loan applications, processing and closing of consumer loan products.
7. Through on-the-job training and attendance in approved classes, gains understanding of any applications of Federal and State laws concerning the purpose, processing, approval and denial of loan requests.
8. Develops a strong working knowledge of all consumer regulations, including: Regulations B, G, and Z, Uniform Commercial Code, FHLBB, FSLIC and State Statutes.
9. Analyzes the prospective loan request for previous credit and current financial obligations.
10. Determines purpose of loan and method of repayment.
11. Qualifies, approves, denies, or counter-offers the loan within assigned credit lines and company policy and is prepared to justify that decision to both the customer and management.
12. Documents credit analysis.
13. Refers those decisions beyond the loan officer’s credit limit to the appropriate level of management, recommending approval or rejection and justifying that decision.
Related bank documents
• All Bank KPIs (used to measure all bank jobs performance).
• All bank job descriptions
• All bank interview questions
• Bank cover letters
• All samples of Bank resumes
• Bank career ebooks
• Bank assistant brand manager job description
• Bank auditor job description
• Bank assistant manager job description
• Bank associate job description
• Bank assistant job description
• Bank analyst job description
• Bank administrator job description
• Bank administrative assistant job description
• Bank account manager job description
• Bank manager job description
• Bank clerk job description
• Bank security job description
• Bank wire transfer clerk job description
• Bank teller job description