Construction supervisor job description
Job purpose of Construction supervisor is to assist in coordinating construction efforts through in-house and contract labor for new construction and rebuild projects. Responsible for safety and quality of work performed within the construction department uction and rebuild projects. Responsible for safety and quality of work performed within the construction department.
Key duties/responsibilities of Construction supervisor:
1. Prepares/reviews reports and forecasts, including summary of construction progress, job manpower forecasts
2. Monitors the activities of subcontractors to ensure compliance with specifications and procedures.
3. Responsible for the implementation of corporate/project policies, procedures and instructions within assigned operations.
4. Ensures all safety codes, requirements and standards are being complied within assigned area of responsibility.
5. Oversees the implementation of work packages, from approval to work thru package closeout and post maintenance testing.
6. Works with resident and contractor design engineering personnel to coordinate implementation activities.
7. Works with resident operating personnel to coordinate implementation activities.
8. Provides oversight of field activities to ensure personnel and nuclear safety.
9. Keeps project management informed of project status, highlighting deviations from plans.
10. Anticipates potential problem areas and analyzes and recommends solutions or corrective actions.
11. Responsible for oversight of field construction operations within assigned areas
12. Determines/reviews/reports manpower requirements for filed activities.
13. Monitors scheduled work to be performed and reviews work accomplished.
14. Prepares/reviews schedules, construction methods and procedures as assigned.