Construction project manager job description
Job purpose of Construction project manager is to manages all aspects of construction activities and is responsible for project management at one or more job sites. Plans, organizes and controls resources for all anticipated and approved construction projects. Provides leadership and direction to ensure construction projects are completed on schedule and meet cost and profit objectives. Responsible for the day-to-day operation at construction site(s) and functions as the company representative to ensure customer satisfaction.
Key duties/responsibilities of Construction project manager:
1. Review proposals and contract requirements. Insure that construction costs are accurately estimated and that profit targets are met.
2. Insure that schedules are met and system performance
3. is not compromised by organizing activities and monitoring the performance of the General Contractor and other sub-contractors. Identify construction risks and prepare action plans to mitigate exposure.
4. Work with the Project Manager (design/supply scope) to develop the ‘Schedule A’ (scope split) document.
5. Lead contract negotiations with the General Contractor (and other sub-contractors).
6. Prepare the sub-contract agreement document.
7. Coordinate schedule needs with the Project Manager and assure that construction activities meet material delivery dates.
8. Lead constructability review meetings to determine the most cost effective construction methods (e.g. shop assembly vs. field labor).
9. Work with the Customer and the General Contractor’s Project Manager to resolve open issues and recover or avoid any additional costs that might be incurred due to changes.
10. Provide timely, accurate, concise written and verbal communication on the status of the contract to the Customer, Management and the project team.
11. Manage and provide direction to the Site Construction Supervisor and other Field Service staff.
12. Prepare and implement site specific Health and Safety Management Plan.
13. Manage construction finances (review and approve Contractor invoices and initiate Customer invoice process).
14. Maintain excellent Customer relationships.
15. Create and/or improve construction processes and workflows to improve efficiency, reduce errors, and provide a best-practice standard for future construction work.
16. Oversees and manages the design and construction activities throughout the development process to keep the project on schedule and on budget
17. Manages design consultants to ensure timely and accurate information flow
18. Manages contractors, governmental agencies, utility providers and others to deliver projects on time
19. Processes project bids, institutes contracts and manages cost controls to keep the project within budget
20. Works with leasing and the tenant coordinator to develop upfit budgets and deliver retail spaces on time and to the requirements of the tenant
21. Plan, organize, direct, and control the execution of construction contracts for heavy industrial (utility power plant) customers to meet schedules, cost, quality, and safety objectives for projects.
22. Complete responsibility for execution of the construction scope for assigned projects.