Construction coordinator job description
Job purpose of Construction coordinator is responsible for coordinating construction efforts through in-house and contract labor for new construction and rebuild projects. Responsible for construction personnel safety and quality of work performed.
Key duties/responsibilities of Construction coordinator:
1. Coordinate with engineers and developers in designing the plant; draw and sketch installation and location of equipment such as amplifiers, power supplies and cables; complete material orders needed for planned construction
2. Monitor contractor performance; insure adherence to terms and conditions of agreements
3. Coordinate construction efforts through in-house and contract labor for new construction and rebuild projects
4. Perform site inspections for quality control
5. Coordinate permitting and make ready process
6. Communicate with Project Manager or designated supervisor regarding concerns about construction progress
7. Performs other duties as requested by supervisor
8. May analyze departmental project information to determine and/or forecast trends utilizing detailed instruction received by department personnel
9. Generates complex project reports
10. Creates and maintains project files
11. May processed pay applications, joint check payments, and lien releases
12. Be familiar with specifications, shop drawings, and submittals
13. Maintain projects lists and close out documentation.
14. Interface with general contractors and subs and be detail oriented with follow up skills.
15. Responds to inquiries from department personnel regarding assigned project status
16. Assists department personnel in organizing work relating to specific assigned project deadlines