Construction accountant job description
Job purpose of Construction accountant is to assist construction department with timely and accurate information reporting including responsibilities for job cost tracking, construction draw management, balance sheet reconciliations, processing bank draws, research, and communication with project managers on project status and payment approvals.
Key duties/responsibilities of Construction accountant:
1. Responsible for the processing, reviewing, tracking, and general ledger posting of construction draws for multiple projects
2. Maintaining payment draw files and invoice files.
3. Communicate with project managers, vendors, and external parties to manage draw requests/requirements
4. Communicate with external clients and lenders to manage funding and draw requests, provide timely responses to questions and inquiries.
5. Perform/review bank account reconciliations and assist with corporate balance sheet reconciliations and other corporate monthly internal management reports
6. Calculate and invoice general contracting fees and allocate payroll to projects
7. Responsible for Construction accounts receivable tracking, management, and reporting
8. Assist in the development/enhancement of project reporting
9. Assist with Construction project analysis reporting
10. Assist with special projects as requested
11. General accounting including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, job costing and general ledger posting.
12. Process accounts receivable and understand the construction billing and collections process.
13. Work with Project Managers on billing verification and collection matters.
14. Prepare deposits and weekly cash flow forecasts.
15. Process accounts payable from invoice to payment, beginning with coding invoices to the appropriate job number, cost code, GL account number and distributing invoices to Project Managers for approval.
16. Reconciliation of Vendor statements and Customer payments.
17. Lien waiver maintenance and subcontractor insurance verification.
18. Job cost tracking, analysis and reporting.
19. Enter project setup sheets and maintain filing system for projects.
20. Assist with processing payroll and certified payroll when necessary.
21. Interface with Project Managers and senior management on all aspects of construction accounting.
22. Respond to inquiries from the Owners, Controller, and Project Managers.