Clinical nurse specialists job description include key duties:
1. Read current literature, talk with colleagues, or participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in nursing.
2. Develop or assist others in development of care and treatment plans.
3. Develop, implement, or evaluate standards of nursing practice in specialty area such as pediatrics, acute care, and geriatrics.
4. Plan, evaluate, or modify treatment programs based on information gathered by observing and interviewing patients, or by analyzing patient records.
5. Make clinical recommendations to physicians, other health care providers, insurance companies, patients, or health care organizations.
6. Identify training needs or conduct training sessions for nursing students or medical staff.
7. Collaborate with other health care professionals and service providers to ensure optimal patient care.
8. Provide specialized direct and indirect care to inpatients and outpatients within a designated specialty such as obstetrics, neurology, oncology, or neonatal care.
9. Observe, interview, and assess patients to identify care needs.
10. Monitor or evaluate medical conditions of patients in collaboration with other health care professionals.
• Nurse career ebooks (you can download free and ref all ebooks related nurse career).