Chief accounting officer job description
This article include content: job purpose, key duties/responsibilities and related documents of Chief accounting officer.
Job purpose of Chief accounting officer (vice president)
To have full oversight of the company’s day-to-day external and internal accounting and reporting functions, driving process improvement and building a world class organization.
Key duties/responsibilities of Chief accounting officer:
1. Developing a strong team focusing on people development, accountabilities, respect and driving for results.
2. Research and analysis of accounting matters.
3. Interface with investor relations and other groups within the company.
4. Represent the accounting function in acquisition analysis and acquisition integration.
5. Setting bank accounting policy.
6. Ensure appropriate resources and staffing is available for department.
7. Oversee tax compliance.
8. Presenting to the audit committee and Board of Directors.
9. Information on a timely basis.
10. Act as annual external audit liaison.
11. Oversight of external auditors.
12. Driving process change to drive efficiencies in overall accounting, finance and business processes.
13. Oversee and participate in the preparation of monthly financial.
14. Involvement in strategic initiatives of the Company involving accounting matters.
15. Supervise department and manage the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
16. Provide training to functional departments on internal control activities to ensure a strong internal control environment.
17. Involvement in due diligence meetings with potential investors.
18. Work closely with internal legal department as well as outside legal counsel as necessary.
19. Formulating and administering the monthly financial close and internal reporting process, creating efficiencies needed to move toward a shorter close period.
20. Taking meetings with key investors as necessary on accounting matters.
21. Maintain appropriate internal controls and safeguards, including.
22. Manage all aspects of interactions with external accounting firm.
23. Develop, implement and upgrade financial systems and controls.
24. Interaction with senior executive officers of the Bank.
25. Additional responsibilities as assigned.
26. Manage accounting and tax functions.
Job description related
You also use job descriptions related as follows
• Accounting manager duties
• Accounting manager job description
• Accounting supervisor job description
• Accounting specialist job description
• Accounting director job description
• Accounting coordinator job description
• Accounting consultant job description
• Accounting associate job description
• Accounting assistant manager job description
• Accounting assistant job description
• Accounting clerk job description
Related accounting documents:
• Chief accounting officer job specification
• Accounting KPIs (All KPIs that are used to measure accounting job performance).
• Accounting job descriptions
• Accounting interview questions
• Accounting cover letters
• All samples of Accounting resumes