Chief accountant competencies
This post includes key core competencies for Chief accountant. It should includes key knowledge, Chief accountant skills, Chief accountant abilities and other characteristics (KSAs or KSAOs).
Competency profile of Chief accountant:
Chief accountant education and knowledge:
• Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures.
• Knowledge and skill in supervisory practices and principles.
• Knowledge of computerized accounting systems and applications to include main frame terminals/ personal computers, general software applications and keyboard facility.
Chief accountant skills and abilities:
• Skill in performing detailed and complex numerical computations and reports.
• Skill in both verbal and written communication.
• Good spoken and written communication skills.
• Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
• Confidence, tact and a persuasive manner.
• Good organizational and time management skills.
• Good ‘people skills’, for working with a range of colleagues and clients.
• The ability to lead and motivate a team.
• A willingness to work long hours, often under pressure.
• A professional manner.
• Good business sense and the ability to work to budgets.
Related docs to Chief accountant:
• 41 Accounting job descriptions samples.
• All samples of Accounting resumes.
Using KSA model for setting up job specification
KSA model is a competency model of individual. KSA is the same KSAO.
Components of KSA:
• A body of information needed to perform a task.
• For example, Human Resources Knowledge include knowledge of personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
• Skills are the proficiency to perform a certain task.
• For example, skill in operating computer peripherals such as printers.
• Abilities are an underlying, enduring trait useful for performing tasks.
• For example, oral comprehension – the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.