Catering coordinator job description
Job purpose of Catering coordinator is to develop and manage a rapidly expanding in-store catering business.
Key duties/responsibilities of Catering coordinator:
1. Prepare sandwiches, salads, soups and baked goods in a safe, secure, legal, and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation and quality of food preparation and service standards and procedures; conforming to regulations.
2. Comply with sanitation and legal regulations of the catering kitchen and remote kitchens.
3. Identify current and future customer service requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
4. Maintain customer satisfaction by investigating and resolving complaints about food quality and/or service.
5. Accomplish catering services goals by accepting ownership.
6. Provide above average customer service and product to local businesses, schools and community organizations.
7. Promote, prepare, and provide pleasant and responsive catering experiences.
8. Builds and maintains steady base of contacts and customers by calling on local businesses and organizations; encouraging them to engage catering services for their social and business events.
9. Estimate cost and amounts of ingredients; minimizing waste; placing orders with suppliers; scheduling delivery of fresh food and beverages; receiving and checking the content of deliveries; evaluating the quality of salads, sandwiches, soups and baked goods.