Butcher job description
Job purpose of Butcher is responsibility for planning, preparing and executing all portioning, ordering and inventory of meats and fish in accordance with standards and plating guide specifications as well as maintaining organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment
Key duties/responsibilities of Butcher:
1. Perform the meat cutting functions. These includes but is not limited to scraping and traying products, cubing steaks, grinding ground meats and cutting and processing meat according to requirement and perform all meat associate responsibilities as directed.
2. Weigh all meat items in accordance with specified procedures outlined by standard practice.
3. Receive any meat delivery, code, rotate, and put in appropriate storage area.
4. Develop product knowledge in all areas of the meat department including cooking procedures.
5. Communicate any needed equipment repairs or maintenance work needed.
6. Keep work area free from debris and safety hazards
7. Observe and maintain company sanitation and food safety standards
8. Perform yield tests when necessary.
9. Keep a running inventory.
10. Ensure a clean, neat and organized work area.
11. Handle and report any accident immediately, no matter how minor.
12. Perform all other duties as assigned.